Click here to enroll in Future Ready.
Questions? Contact Jamarr Myers at [email protected] or 585-456-4818.
*Don't forget to have your parent/guardian fill out the waiver and consent form here.*
Future Ready is our year-round program for students in grades 6 through 12. Tutoring promotes academic achievement, college and career enrichments expose students to college and career pathways and build social-emotional skills. Students complete 30 hours of job-readiness training and are placed in jobs with our Employer Partners. Every teen works 1:1 with a Navigator to plan the future of their choice.
Future Ready prepares students grades 6-12 for lifelong success. They receive year-round academic and navigation support as they develop job and life skills. Students work with their Navigator to chart a personalized college and career plan, and we work with employer partners to match students with jobs. Once placed, we continue to develop students as employees through workshops, hands-on learning experiences, and academic support.
Eligible students live in the City of Rochester and currently attend more than 50 different schools.
- Job-readiness certification and job placement (Employer Partners include: Wegmans, URMC, Renewal by Andersen, Rochester Regional Health, Seabreeze)
- Free, safe, fun afterschool and summer programs
- Tutoring and homework support with certified teachers; Regents, SAT, ACT test prep (100% graduation rate since we began in 2019!)
- Daily 1:1 mentoring and college/career pathway development with staff “Navigators”
- College and workplace tours; and local & out-of-state trips
- Lifechanging guest speakers; connections with diverse community and business leaders
- Cooking education and culinary exposure; daily meals and emergency food supports
- FREE Drivers Education & Driving Hours, YMCA Jr. memberships
- Lifelong friendships and sooo much fun!!
More than 150 teens are prepared for jobs each year with 30+ hours of Future Ready Employment Education (FREE) Academy. FREE Academy provides 1:1 support, job and life skills training, invaluable experiences, and friends to last a lifetime. Students must maintain a 2.5+ GPA while working and must have a 90% school & program attendance rate. They are ready for roles with Wegmans, University of Rochester Medical Center, and Renewal By Andersen!
*You don't have to be in Future Ready in order to register for FREE Academy!***
March Session: 3/18 @ 9:30am-4pm | 3/20-3/23 @ 4:30-8pm
- Deadline for Session Registration: 3/11/23
April Session: 4/8 @ 9:30am-4pm | 4/10-4/13 @ 4:30-8pm
- Deadline for Session Registration: 4/1/23
Register Today: bit.ly/FREEacademy
Want to become an employee partner? Click here for more information.
We welcome the opportunity to partner with schools and organizations to develop Rochester's next movers and shakers. To discuss partnership please contact Cara Fitzgerald at 585-704-9081 or by email.